- This is a 100% walking tour. Transportation is not needed.
- I would recommend this tour for families with children over 10 years old, to be able to walk around the roads and steps of Girona.
“Girona enamora” which means “Girona makes you fall in love” is what people say after visiting this iconic and emblematic city. It has more than 2. 000 years of history and it is located at only 65 miles north from Barcelona.
In this beautiful tour I will make you discover why Girona’s Old Town stands out for so many reasons such as: The colorful houses hanging over the Onyar river which is definitely the most photographed spot! The history beyond it’s churches and Monastery, the Arab Baths from the XIII, the widest Gothic Cathedral in the world and the second of all styles after Saint Peter in Rome, one of the most well preserved Jewish quarters in Europe, or its emblematic medieval walls. . .
Did you know that Girona. . is also well known for its local gastronomy? and happens to house “Celler de Can Roca” the 2nd best restaurant in the world today. That the crew of Game of Thrones shoot some scenes of the 6th season and it is considered to be Paradise for pro and amateur cyclists?. . .
Are you ready?
- Plaça Independència
- Houses over Onyar river
- Sant Fèlix & Sant Nicolau churches
- Monastery of Sant Pere de Galligants
- Arab Baths
- Cathedral (Interior visit)
- Walk over the medieval walls
- Jewish Quarter
- Eiffel Bridge
- Plaça Independència
* This tour can be customised, if you have other itinerary on mind please contact me
- My services as your private tour guide: you are not part of a larger group
- Licensed tour guide: To have passed the official exams of the Catalan Government, it is a guarantee of my knowledge for you. Besides, the license authorizes me to guide you inside monuments and museums.
- Skip the line in monument and museums
- To organize all the bookings to get into certain places that require to book in advance such as: Park Güell or Dalí Museum and train tickets.
What’s extra and estimated euros needed?
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral worth 7€ per person
- We will make a break during the tour, to have some coffee, homemade cakes, or other delicateness from Girona.
- Entrance to sitesPersonal expenses
- Food & drinks
|Departing point||Barcelona (consult extra fee from Barcelona)|