Halfday: 4 hours
Some might say that Antoni Gaudí is the architectural father of Barcelona, a visionary, a master, way ahead of his time. Barcelona is the capital of Modernisme–Catalan Art Nouveau, the home to Gaudí, an architect who designed some of Barcelona’s most stunning buildings; but he was not alone. Other outstanding architects from the same period include Lluís Domènech i Montaner and Josep Puig i Cadafalch. We will explore and admire some of the key architectural works in the Block of Discord on Passeig de Gràcia. In the 1900 ́s the city center was a wash with new, up-coming, industrial super rich, each desperate to show off their wealth. With this financial expansion, one man ́s vision would become ́The biggest ́ failure of Barcelona, ironically this project is now one of Barcelona ́s biggest tourist attractions: The Park Güell. To conclude we will visit today’s longest running architectural project on earth: The Sagrada Familia.
- Passeig de Gràcia
- Casa Batlló (exterior)
- Casa Milà (exterior)
- Park Güell (interior)
- Sagrada Familia (interior)
*You can extend the tour by one hour
and visit either Casa Batlló or Casa Milà
- Guiding services by a licensed guide
- Pre-purchased entry tickets*
- Skip-the-line guaranteed at all sites!
What is not included?
- *Cost of pre-purchased tickets to sites
- This is a walking tour but we will require transportation to get to the sites. We can use taxis or I can arrange a chauffeured private Mercedes minivan at an extra cost.