Half day: 4 hours
Do you fancy a walk through time, experiencing Barcelona from the 1st Century BC to today? We will start the tour by discovering the origins of Barcelona: A walk through the old town to taste 2000 years of history; since the Roman foundation of the city, the medieval ages and how it has evolved until today.
We will stroll at a leisurely pace admiring architectural masterpieces that were designed during the industrial revolution by great architects such as Gaudí, Montaner i Cadafalch, which helped transform Barcelona into the world’s biggest window display of Art Nouveau buildings. Sagrada Familia has been under construction for over 140 years. Why would a Church take so long to build? Architect Antoni Gaudí’s design was as complicated as it was advanced. Discover how an architect reinvented the language of architecture. You will never forget it..
Gothic Quarter / Old Town:
- Las Ramblas
- Boqueria Market (except Sundays)
- Santa Maria del Pi Square
- Sant Felip Neri
- Cathedral (outside)
- Passeig de Gràcia: Casa Batlló & Casa Milà (outside)
- Sagrada Familia (inside)
- Guided tour by a licensed guide
- Pre-purchased entry tickets*
- Skip-the-line guaranteed at all sites!
What is not included?
- *Cost of pre-purchased tickets to sites
- This is a walking tour but we will require transportation to get to the sites. We can use taxis or I can arrange a chauffeured private Mercedes minivan at an extra cost.ransportation